Search This Blog

Sunday, June 22, 2014

World Cup 2014 - Soccer Games


Well everyone is going nuts about World Cup 2014. I was never a big soccer fan....or "football" as it's known throughout the rest of the world. I played AYSO soccer when I was like 6. The coach told me to "stand there." So that's what I did. I stood there and mostly picked the dandylion flowers that were growing at my feet. Every so often the ball would come near me, and I would kick it. I didn't know what way to kick it, but that didn't stop me from kicking it as hard as I could, sending it soaring through the air. Then I would just continue to stand there, picking dandylions or grass. Hey I was told to "stand  there" by the coach, so I obeyed his request. The best part about playing soccer? The oranges and CapriSun juice drinks at halftime and again at the end of the game. I think I even got a trophy one year...well, my team did. Probably a participation trophy....who cares. Soccer sucked. I never got in to it, so therefore I never played any of the soccer games that came out on any of the consoles of my youth.  Before now I couldn't have even told you a single title for any soccer game on any console. So with everyone being pumped about World Cup 2014 in Brazil....here is a series of  soccer game .gif files.....



AWS Pro Moves Soccer (Sega Genesis)

 
David Beckham Soccer ( GameBoy Advance)
 
 
Disney Sports - Soccer (GameBoy Advance)
 
 
FIFA '98 (super Nintendo)
 
 
International Superstar Soccer (Super Nintendo)
 

MegaMan Soccer (Super Nintendo)
 
 
Soccer (Nintendo)
 

Tecmo Cup - Soccer Game (Nintendo) 
 

Ultimate League Soccer (Nintendo)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment